Sunday, January 27, 2008

Settled In

Hello again everyone!

A lot has happened since I last wrote to everyone. I moved into the house I will be staying in for the rest of my time here. It is a lot nicer than I was expecting. My roommate Caleb is house sitting for a family that is on home assignment so the house is fully furnished and decorated and really feels like a home. It has been interesting, though, because I have only seen Caleb twice and he has only spent the night at the house once since I moved in on Tuesday. This is because Monday night he was in a motorcycle accident on his way home from the hangar. He broke his arm and had to have surgery and was in the hospital for a couple days. He has since then been spending the night with another family because the wife is a nurse. It has been good that I have had to figure a lot of stuff out on my own though because I am not a lot more confident in myself that if Caleb had done everything. He did stay at the house last night but that was the first time since I have moved in. I will try and get some pictures of the house up in not too long but I don't have internet access at the house and need to figure out the best place to use the internet.

Work at the hangar has been fun. The guys I work with are great! They are so helpful and love to answer any questions I have. There is a lot of work right now and they have plenty of stuff for us to do. Especially since Caleb (who is also a mechanic) will not be able to work for a while. It has been exciting to talk to some of the pilots and hear what they are doing in different parts of East Africa. I can't wait to get on a flight! They are doing such amazing things!

Continue to pray for the country and people of Kenya. I am not sure how much is still on the news in the states but there are several places in the country that are still pretty volatile. Nairobi is stable but some places out in the bush continue to suffer pointless violence. Just yesterday about a dozen people were killed and several houses burned down in the town of Nakura. Pray for them!

I appreciate all of your prayers and look forward to everything God is going to do.

In Christ,
~Nathan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't sure if you meant that you were not as confident since Caleb had not been there to help you or if it helped you gain self confidence because you had to do it yourself. Anyway, sure sounds like you are learning your way around. Am anxious to see pics of your place! Am so proud of you and pray for you much each day!
Love, Mom