Monday, December 31, 2007

Trip Postponed

AIM decided this morning that because of the very volatile politial situation in Kenya and especially in Nairobi right now that my trip needs to be postponed. The AIM missionaries that are living in Nairobi are not leaving their homes right now and have told AIM's headquarters in New York that the situation is unsafe for people to come into. I will still be traveling to New York for orientation and more information on the situation on the 2nd. I will then fly back to Grand Rapids and await the word from AIM that it is safe to head to Nairobi. When it is safe, AIM will then book a flight out of Chicago or Detroit for me.

Please pray for the situation to settle quickly and for the violence to end. Pray for safety for the AIM missionaries and for everyone in Kenya. Pray that the situation will not escalate.

Thank you for your prayers and I will keep you updated as I learn more. More information on the situation can be found here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7165602.stm.

No comments: