Thursday, December 20, 2007

Getting Ready to Leave

Tomorrow is my last "official" day of work at SMAT. I may go in for a few hours Thursday and Friday next week but that is completely up to me. I have really enjoyed my time working there and have really learned a lot. It has been such a blessing to work with such great Christian guys who share my desire to go to the mission field. I will miss working with them.

Christmas preparations are in full swing at home. The big family Christmas party is at our house on Monday and we still have a lot of work to do to get ready but it is tough when all of us work all week. I am close to having my shopping done but it has been hard to think about Christmas when Africa is so close. Pray that I can keep my focus on the now and enjoy the few days before I leave.

I have begun gathering my stuff to pack and making a list of stuff I still need to pick up. Thanks to Pastor Brian (the youth pastor at my church) I now have two suitcases that will work perfectly for the trip.

I will be taking my laptop and will have access to the internet while in Nairobi so please feel free to e-mail me at rozey1013@yahoo.com. I would love to hear from you!

I want to thank everyone who supported me financially and most importantly in prayer. God has been amazing and has done some awesome things and I haven't even left yet! I am so excited to see what he is going to do while I am there! I can't wait to see how he will amaze, bless, and teach me! Thank you for being a part of this and I hope God will bless you all this Christmas!

In Christ,
~Nathan

No comments: